1. The name of the organization shall be Vedic Vidyalay
II. Board of Directors
1. The Board of Directors shall serve without pay and consist of 3 members.
2. Board members should be actively involved in teaching, promoting Indian languages,
3. Board members shall serve 2 year terms.
4. Vacancies shall be filled by the Board, with the recommendation of the Executive Director.
5. Board members with 50% of absences shall dismissed from the Board.
1. The officers of the board shall consist of a Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer nominated by the Board.
2. Elected officers will serve a term of one year.
3. (a)The Chair shall preside at all Board meetings, appoint committee members, and perform other duties as associated with the office. (b)The Vice-Chair shall assume the duties of the Chair in case of the Chair’s absence. (c)The Secretary shall be responsible for the minutes of the Board, keep all approved minutes in a minute book, and send out copies of minutes to all. (d) The Treasurer shall keep record of the organization’s budget and prepare financial reports as needed.
The Board may appoint standing and ad hoc committees as needed.
1. Regular meetings shall be held on every month on first full weekend.
2. Special meetings may be held at any time when called for by the Chair or a majority of Board members.
3. Agendas shall be provided at least 1 day in advance.
1. (a) A majority of board members constitutes a quorum. (b) In absence of a quorum, no formal action shall be taken except to adjourn the meeting to a subsequent date.
2. Passage of a motion requires a simple majority (i.e. one more than half the members present
VII. Conflict of Interest
Any member of the board who has a financial, personal, or official interest in, or conflict (or appearance of a conflict) with any matter pending before the Board, of such nature that it prevents or may prevent that member from acting on the matter in an impartial manner, will offer to the Board to voluntarily excuse him/herself and will vacate his seat and refrain from discussion and voting on said item.
VIII. Fiscal Policies
The fiscal year of the board shall be July-1st to June 30st
These by-laws may be amended by a two-third vote of Board members present at any meeting, provided a quorum is present and provide a copy of the proposed amendment(s) are provided to each Board member at least one week prior to said meeting
At the time of dissolution of the corporation, the Board of Directors shall, after paying or making provisions for the payment of all debts, obligations, liabilities, costs and expenses of the corporation, dispose of all of the assets of the corporation. In non case shall a disposition be made which would not qualify as a charitable contribution under Section 170(c)(1) or (2) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as now enacted or hereafter amended, in such manner as the Board of Directors shall determine.
These Bylaws were approved at a meeting of the Board of Directors of Vedic Vidyalay on March 27th, 2011.